Over the Christmas Holiday period, our network managers will be carrying out essential maintenance to improve the stability of the wireless network in school. However, as a consequence of this, all mobile devices, which belong to either staff or students, will be removed from the network at the end of the school day on Friday 18th December 2015.
How will this effect you?
Since all devices are being removed from the network, it is essential that you re-enrol using AirWatch, any device you intend on bringing to school in January. If you do not do this, you will be unable to access the schools’ wireless network when you return.
The window to re-enrol your device to ensure it will work on returning to school will run between Saturday 19th December 2015 and Sunday 3rd January 2016.
What will you need?
To enrol your device, you will need:
- Your username and password that you use to log in to any of the computers in school (e.g. 14ANOTHE).
- Your school email address: this is your username which you use to log in to any of the computers in school, followed by @sjhs.newport.sch.uk (e.g. 14ANOTHE@sjhs.newport.sch.uk)
- The free AirWatch app installed on your device.
- Remember, you can only enrol one device on the school network. You will need to contact us to have any existing devices removed before you will be able to re-enrol a new device.
If you need help enrolling your device, check out our post, “Setting up your device using AirWatch“. This includes a video guiding you through the steps of setting up your device using AirWatch.
If you are asked to enter a Server and GroupID during the enrolment process, please enter the following:
- Server: https://ds556.awmdm.com
- GroupID: StJo6934
Have a fantastic Christmas holiday and a happy New Year!